Friday, January 24, 2014

Today I had the most awesome conversation with Leo. He came into the bathroom right as I was getting out of the shower because going potty by himself is just way too scary. He said to me:

"Mom, how come that part of your tummy hangs down like that?"
Me: "Because I'm fat. And also because I've had 3 babies. Growing babies does sad things to your body."
Leo: "Is it ever going to go away?"
Me: "I sure hope so. That's why I'm eating special food right now and trying to be extra healthy, so my body can get smaller and work better."
Leo: "But what will happen to that part of your tummy when it gets smaller? Will it just go away?"
Me: "I hope so, but we'll have to wait and see."
Leo: "But mom, it's really big. I don't think it's going to go away. And mom, when Jaxon stops eating milk are your boobs going to go, you know, back up?"
Me: "Sadly, no. When I'm done nursing they will be even flatter and lower than they are right now."
Leo: "Whoa."


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE this. When I was pregnant Maesyn came in while I was drying off, she said something about my boobs to the effect of, "oh, your boobs are just hanging." Thankfully, my tummy went back to where it should be- i have pretty forgiving tummy skin. In exchange my nice tummy my vaginal wall is a wreck (i have been told I need to have it reconstructed) - my pelvic floor is prolapsed and my uterus could fall out any moment, along with my bladder and my rectum. My boobs just get smaller and smaller…we will call them skin flaps now! Kids will never leave us unscathed. And I don't see why the guys get off unscathed!