Monday, February 23, 2009

Catch Up

I've been planning on blogging about a bunch of stuff and just haven't gotten around to it until now. Here goes. . .


Leo is getting better and better at eating non-pureed food. He really likes this little mesh bag fruit thingy. Also, as of today he can eat whole cheerios without choking on them. It's nice to be able to throw him in the high chair and distract him with crackers/baby cookies/cheerios/etc.

After the surgery we had to give Leo baths (instead of showers) because we weren't able to get his eye wet. This probably wouldn't have been a problem with any other kid, but Leo absolutely loves taking showers. If he hears the water running and he's not naked he just screams until he gets naked. We've had to shower while he was asleep to keep him from freaking out. Well, he got his first post-surgery shower today and he was thrilled. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen him so excited. It was pretty cute. Here he is taking a sink bath. (We don't have a tub.)


A little over a week ago we had dinner upstairs with Lana. Leo was sitting in his high chair eating crackers and then he just slumped over. It was so crazy! He's never fallen asleep in his chair before but he must have liked it because he stayed asleep for about an hour. It was really nice to not have to worry about him during dinner.


Lately I've been dressing Leo in just a long sleeved onesie and socks. (Unless we're going outside, of course.) I just think these little legs are so darn cute. I can't get enough of them.



Leo has now started getting stuck under the couch head first. I think this picture is hilarious and vaguely reminiscent of The Wizard of Oz.


4 comments:

juliespahr said...

Jon just walked by and said "Wow, thats looks just like Kristen!" I thought you would like that! He looks so different without the bump! So cute and you can see the swelling pretty good in the pictures but your right about the coloring! 2 weeks and 5 days.... who's counting!!!:)

♥Tami said...

What a cutie! Love the last picture under the couch! That cracked me up! Thanks for the update!

Spring said...

Leo IS adorable. I was surprised at how much he looks like you in your baby picture from your other post, cute! I was thinking, "Uh, huh" to several of your updates. I'm totally looking forward to when Freddy can sit in a high chair and eat by himself or even just have another source of nourishment besides me.:) That's so cute about Leo lovin' showers. It's fun when they start expressing themselves and their likes and dislikes; okay not the dislikes as much. :)

Becca said...

I thought that Wizard of Oz crack was pretty funny and some how sad at the same time. Leo is looking better though! I am so excited for you to come down here. P.S. I fianlly updated my blog...just for you!