Friday, August 6, 2010

Boys

Jay Alvin
This boy recently started eating solid foods, and he loves it. In fact, I'm pretty sure his entire world is now categorized into "things I can eat" and "things I can't eat." Every time he sees something new you can see the little wheels in his head turning, trying to evaluate its food potential. And he gets really angry when you eat in front of him and don't share. 


He's also getting more and more happy and interactive every day. He loves to watch Leo and he thinks Leo is the funniest person ever. He still hates his car seat, but he's loving his bouncer. He's pretty good about jumping long enough for me to get a shower and even do a little cleaning. We sure love his cute little face.

Leo
This one is becoming more and more independent. I can't leave him alone for any amount of time without worrying about what he's getting in to.


He absolutely loves his little brother and wants to be touching him constantly. (This is a bit annoying to Jay Alvin and also to me because it makes Jay scream.) He loves to share (unless you ask him to) and lately he especially wants to share his food with his brother. The other day I handed Leo a package of fruit snacks and he immediately ran into where Jay Alvin was. I didn't hear him make any noise so I rushed in and, sure enough, there was a fruit snack in Jay's mouth. I got it out before he choked on it, but Jay was sure mad about losing his treat.
Leo continues to amaze me with his ability to come up with new and exciting ways to get into trouble. Just when I think he's exhausted every possibility, he surprises me yet again. Just this morning he flushed a barrette down the toilet, covered Jay's hair in hand soap and flooded the bathroom floor all in about 5 minutes. Every day with him is an adventure.   

3 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

Oh my goodness you have your hands full with Leo! Were you or Ty a handful growing up? Maybe this is retribution ;) Eric was a little hellion growing up and I bet we'll have our payback...

angiedunn said...

you are such a good momma to your adorable, adorable adventuresome boys.

Cassandra Romney said...

That is so sweet! He has such amazing eyes! Okay what is Leo doing with such a huge knife! Scary! Good for him for wanting to help thou.