Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for. 
As I was putting this adorable turkey on our wall I was reminded once again that we are so blessed.
(I emphasized adorable because Ty thinks it's obnoxious looking and he wants to punch it in the face every time he sees it. "It's the beady little eyes.")
Some of the feathers are a little silly, and quite a few are trivial, but one of the things I've been feeling extra grateful for is that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me, and has a plan for me.
I know this.
I've always known this.
But for some reason it often slips my mind.
This past year we have made a lot, and I really do mean a lot, of changes to our life plan.
There were many, many times when I felt like we had no idea what we were doing.
(Probably because we didn't.)
We had a vague end-goal in sight and I felt like we were stumbling blindly towards it.
These past few months though, things have really started to come together.
I'm starting to see how Heavenly Father guided us to make the choices that would lead us to this place.
If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would still be in Utah, not only now but for the next year, I probably would have killed myself.
But that's the plan and I just feel peace.
I'm so thankful.

No comments: