Friday, September 23, 2011

Sleeping

I have about 500,000 pictures of my kids sleeping.
There are several reasons for this.
1. My kids are not very good sleepers. (So being asleep is seen as something rare and special.)
2. They often fall asleep in strange places or positions.
3. Sleeping children are quiet and do not cause disasters for me to clean up, therefore I love them best when they are in this state.

Here's a few of the one's I've taken lately:

The Family Reunion
We had a family reunion a few weeks ago. Leo fell asleep in the middle of the deck like this two days in a row. He tends to play until he drops.

And Jay took several very sweaty naps.
(It wasn't nearly as cool in the mountains as we were hoping it would be.)

The Pool Floaties
If you're considering buying your child a new mattress or bed: might I suggest pool rings?
Apparently they are very comfortable.
(This didn't even happen on the same day.)




Sleeping With Grandpa
Always a classic.

Brothers
Trying to put these boys to sleep in the same bed is somewhat of a nightmare. They cannot be touching (or even in range of touching) or else they spend all night fighting instead of sleeping. Once they fall asleep though, they often end up like this:

Living on the Edge
Lately Jay Alvin has started sleeping as close as he possibly can to the edge of the bed.
He falls off a lot.

Saved by the Chair
I went in to the boys room one night and saw Leo like this. I'm pretty sure he rolled off the end of the bed and just happened to land on the chair. He's pretty adaptable though, and didn't let it interrupt his sleep.

2 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

This is the most hilarious post! I love all these sleeping pictures. You could make a calendar with pictures of funny sleeping positions and sell it. I would buy it!

Janie said...

Uh, I'm calling CPS.