Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas!

(Sorry this is late. We got the flu for Christmas and spent the next week passing it around.)
Christmas here was pretty quiet. We did get to see Santa 3 times in the weeks leading up to the big day. Neither Leo or Jay enjoyed it at all and only got near Santa in order to get candy.

Even though they didn't treat Santa very well, he still got them an awesome gift.

(Here's the tree before Santa came:)

(And after:)

I was so excited for the boys to get this gift. Leo has wanted a wagon for as long as I can remember. Every time he sees someone else with a wagon he cries when I tell him he can't get in it. And Walmart has had one of these babies on display for the entire month of December. Every time we went shopping Leo begged to "try it out" and cried when I told him no. I thought this would be such a big hit and I even recorded the boys coming down the stairs and seeing it because Ty wasn't home at the time. Their reaction was like, "Meh. Is that ours? Meh." I almost cancelled Christmas right then and there. It was a huge let-down for me.

The boys did love some of their other gifts though.
Like the Pez dispensers:

And all the junk I got in the dollar section of Michael's:

Note for next year: don't spend more that $2 on any one gift.
Also, don't decide in advance which gifts they will like best because you will be wrong.


Bonus Christmas Disaster story:
I decided to make quiet books for the boys this year. They're really loud during church and I thought it would be a fun way to keep things under control. I spent weeks coloring, cutting, laminating and assembling them. Finally Christmas day came and I was so excited to take them to church with us. They ended up being Opposite of Quiet books. I put the pieces together with velcro so every time they started playing with one there was a series of riiip, riiip, riiips. And then the, "Is this where this one goes? Mom? Mom?" and the, "I need another one! No, not that one. The other one."  It was not quite what I had expected.

No comments: