Sunday, January 25, 2009

Confession

I might have stayed up extra late last night to watch the entire Miss America Pageant on TLC. I was only going to watch a few minutes, really I was, but then I got hooked. I felt like the new method of eliminating people was a little bit cruel. I mean, "Okay everyone, run like crazy and get ready for the talent portion. Then sit here in the middle of the stage and if we don't call you to perform you got cut." I thought it was unnecessary. Can you imagine what people would have thought of Miss Hawaii in that outfit if she didn't get to show off what all those feathers were for? Any how, I was more than a little disappointed by the outcome. They started to announce the winner and it went like this . . . 
Mario Lopez - The fourth runner up is . . .
Me - I want Florida to win.
Mario - Miss Florida.
Me - You have got to be kidding me! Okay then, New York.
Mario - Third runner up is Miss New York!
Me - Well, there go my picks.
Mario - Second runner up . . .
Ty - I'm rooting for Iowa.
Mario - Miss Iowa! First runner up, Miss Georgia! And your new Miss America is . . .
Me - Well, out of the ones left I'd say California. Definitely not Indiana.
Mario - Miss Indiana! Congratulations!

Although I must admit, I teared up a little when she freaked out and started bawling. I mean, she put a lot of work into this, right?

2 comments:

♥Tami said...

Pathetic Kris! And honestly, completely surprising!

Janie said...

who are you?