Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two Things That Have Made My Life Better

1. Planning out all the dinners for the week in advance.

Ty and I started doing Weight Watchers at the beginning of the month. Since it had been a while I decided to plan out our meals for the week before we went shopping so that we wouldn't have to be tempted by things we weren't supposed to eat. (It's always easier to have a plan, right?) Well, I loved it so much that I've been doing it ever since! It makes everything so much easier. Shopping is a breeze because you know exactly what you need to get and you don't wind up with a kitchen full of ingredients but nothing that will make a meal. Plus it eliminates the, "What should we have for dinner tonight?" dilemma that I hate so much. If you haven't tried it I would highly recommend it. Just do it once and you'll be hooked too.


2. This Book: The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger (Yes, It's the Dr. Laura.)


It's our book club book for February and I love it. It just points out that if you want to be happy in your marriage and happy with your husband all you have to do is have the right attitude. And it's nothing ground breaking or phenomenal, just little reminders of things that most of us already know. I just started reading it last night and I already feel more satisfied with my marriage and with the role that I play in it. (And we weren't having problems so things were already pretty good.) So, if you're married and you're not happy, or you are happy you should read this book. Just do it. It won't even take you that long. :)

No comments: