Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Child Abuse?

Leo's sleeping schedule has been a little off lately. (By that I mean that he thinks bed time is nap time so he sleeps for an hour or so and then is up until 1 a.m.) In order to rectify this less-than-pleasant situation we've been denying him his daily naps. The first day wasn't too bad, but after a napless day, a sleepless night and then another napless day he was in pretty bad shape. Every time he held still for more than 10 seconds he was asleep. And every time we woke him up he was absolutely furious. Around 7:45 he just couldn't take it any more. He flopped forward on Ty's lap and he was comatose. I tried to wake him up to feed him and I couldn't even get him to hold his head up. It was pretty funny. He still didn't sleep all night though, the little stinker. Maybe tonight.

3 comments:

Spring said...

Oh, you poor thing. That sounds like no fun. I read On Becoming Baby Wise and The Baby Whisperer before I had Abby and have used what they say with all my babies. If you haven't read it I think you should and just see if you like what it says. Some people start with it when their babies are newborns but you can start it with him now. The problem with the bad sleep habits is that they don't grow out of them it drags on into toddler and preschool years. I know that's not what you want to hear. But, if you haven't, get On Becoming Baby Wise and The Baby Whisper and read those two books. Call me if you want and I can talk to you more about it. Those books made my life so much easier and took out SOME of the guess work so I thought I'd pass that along. Good luck!

RPH said...

I second the suggestion for the Baby Wise book. Some of it is corny, but for the most part it is helpful. Poor sleep durning the day leads to poor sleep at night. Good luck. When my kids are sick or are teething or something I turn into grouch-o when they are up during the night. I feel for ya Kris!

Wishing you all a good nights rest!

He looks so sweet in that picture.

Kaytie Brown said...

OH my goodness the baby sleeping/not sleeping business is rough. GOOD freaking luck Kris!!!