Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ty's sister Krystal watched Jay Alvin for us while we were at the movie. We we got home I found these:
hidden around the house. Most of you know I'm terrified of spiders. I hate them more than anything, but I've really been trying not to pass my phobia on to my boys. I really try not to freak out in front of them when I see a spider, but there have been a few times when Leo's seen me screaming about one. This morning as I was getting out of the shower I could hear Leo saying, "Bug, mom. Bug." I thought he was talking about a fly or something so I just kept saying, "Oh yeah? Cool." When I got out of the bathroom he was staring at the plastic spider that was down between the stove and the heater. I pulled it out, told him it was just pretend and tried to get him to touch it. Yeah right. He wasn't having anything to do with that. So then I threw the spiders over toward Jay Alvin so Leo could watch Jay get them and see that it was okay. As soon as Jay started moving towards them Leo yelled, "Baby, stop! Don't! Spiders!" And ran over to protect his brother.
It took all morning, but he did eventually pick one up.
But he still keep his distance from them when he sees one.

No comments: