Friday, October 15, 2010

Update

Jay Alvin
This boy is growing faster than we can track. Every day he's doing something new. He just started crawling and he is into everything. He doesn't like you to see him crawling though. Whenever we leave the room he'll start moving towards wherever we are, but as soon as we come and look at him he collapses on the ground and starts whining like, "It's too hard. I just can't make it." Also, any time we try and get pictures or video of him crawling he acts like it's really hard for him. He goes really slow and sits down every couple of inches. If there's something he wants, however, he can move lightning fast. And, even though he's only been crawling for about a week, he is dying to walk. He is constantly trying to pull himself up on whatever is available. It's so much fun having a mobile boy, but I don't love that he can get whatever he wants now. Every time I come back into a room I have to check his mouth to make sure he's not eating something he shouldn't. It's a lot harder to keep small things off the ground with Leo around. He doesn't seem to get the idea of choking to death. And speaking of Leo, Jay Alvin just loves him to death. He thinks Leo is so funny and loves to be doing whatever his big brother is doing. I can't wait until he's a little older and they can actually play together. So fun.

Leo
This boy is becoming quite the little helper. He especially loves to help me in the kitchen. Even though it makes a huge mess and takes twice as long to make anything with his help, I'm trying to remember that one day soon he won't want to help any more and I'll wish he would. (He's already starting to tell me "stop mom" when I sing to him or play with him when he doesn't want me to.) Leo is talking more and more every day. I'm constantly surprised by the things that come out of his mouth. He loves Jay Alvin and is constantly telling me what "my baby" is up to. The other day, after Ty had called Jay Alvin a stinker son, Leo said, "Mom, the baby is a stinker son." I guess we're going to have to watch what we say a little more closely. Leo still loves to play outside and runs everywhere he goes. Hopefully he'll keep that up so he can be a big-time track star and get a scholarship to the college of his choice. (No harm in planning ahead, right?) He loves trains, trucks, planes and tractors of any kind. There's a little train that you can ride around the Provo mall and Leo loves to watch it go by. In fact, the train conductor recognized him because he gets so excited and bought him some cotton candy the last time we were there. 

Me and Ty
I spend most of my time doing "mom" things like cleaning, entertaining boys and cooking. We're trying to take advantage of the last little bits of warm weather so we've been spending more time than usual outside. I also started taking advantage of the library again so I've been reading two or three books at a time for the last few weeks.
Ty joined the National Guard. So far he hasn't had to do much with that, but he's still going to BYU and will finish his last class in December.

2 comments:

Kaytie Brown said...

KRIS! I LOVE this pic of you and TY! Whats the deal with AZ Cristmastime??

RPH said...

That little baby of yours looks like a man! What happened to the baby stage? Hes adorable!