Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Resolved

I hate making New Years Resolutions.
I think it's a waste of time. 
(I know, that's blasphemous. But I don't care.)
I'm just not very goal-oriented.
Generally if there's something I need to do, then I just do it.
It doesn't really help me all that much to write it down and plot it out and share it with other people in order to motivate me to do it.
That being said, I make New Years Resolutions any way.
Every year.
And then at the end of the year I go back and say, "Oh yeah. Forgot about that."
So this year (2012) I decided to do something different.
I only made 2 resolutions that would take me all year to accomplish.
Then each month I decided to make a separate, small resolution that would get all of my attention for that specific month.
This quilt:
 Was my monthly resolution.
For January.
And I just finished it today.
That's right,
my January resolution took me 10 months to complete.
(If you must know I did take a short, 7 1/2 month, break from working on it.)
And I subsequently failed to make any other monthly resolutions.
Because I'm awesome like that.

No comments: