Friday, February 15, 2013

Awesome Oatmeal Muffins


AKA The perfect "on the go" breakfast.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 5 1/4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 3/4 cups milk 
  • Optional toppings: fruit, nuts, chocolate chips
Mix together the wet stuff. Add in the dry stuff. Finish with the milk. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes
This seems to works best as 24 muffins, although you can use a 9 x 13 pan. Use cupcake liners because the muffins will stick like crazy if you don't. These can be frozen. Just thaw overnight in the fridge and microwave for 20 seconds or so. 


Here's a funny story:
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it's awesome! Seriously, I've been eating them every day. My favorite ones are with dried blueberries, but I like them every way I've tried them. But the lady who originally posted the recipe is like, "This recipe and my photo are protected by copyright law and you can't post it on your blog." (BRAT!) So I looked up the copyright law for recipes and it basically says that you can copyright your specific instructions for something, (ie "Lightly toast the bread and add a thin layer of peanut butter.") But you can't copyright the list of ingredients. So I wrote the instructions in my own terms, and I even altered the ingredients a little. (Because I'm not putting 1/4 cup of groundd flax seed in anything.) Nanner, nanner. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

why no flax seed? It is a great source of omega fats that we don't get in our diets. I have a big bag from costco and try to put it in my muffins, waffles, pancakes...what have you when I remember to.

Heidi said...

and...i think i will make these this week...with flax seed...if i remember.

Eric and Andrea said...

Hahaha, love it.