Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Good:
Homemade caramel sauce. Holy shmoly, it's good. Lick the pan, the spoon, the spill on the oven good. And really easy. I probably shouldn't make it again, but you and I both know that I will. Probably on a day that Ty has school from 8-6 so I can eat the whole pan by myself and hide all the evidence before he gets home.
Bad:
Scones. Now, scones aren't inherently bad I just happened to find a really terrible recipe. (It was the only one that didn't call for 10 cups of flour.) They ended up being really dense, looking like lembas bread and tasting how I've always imagined hard tack would taste. You know, the stuff that sailors used to eat on long sea voyages once they ran out of food. And honestly, I will probably never make them again unless I happen to be stranded in the middle of the ocean with nothing but flour and water.
Ugly:
I actually didn't have anything in mind for this segment. I guess my hair would qualify right now. It's been raining all day so it's pretty humid and when I got out of the shower this morning I just let it do its own thing. Yeah, it's pretty much fighting with my nose for supreme ruler ship of my head. What are you gonna do?

3 comments:

♥Tami said...

Funny! I think you found your sense of humor! Love ya!

RPH said...

I will share the absolute best recipe for scone with you, if you will share the recipe for that yummy carmel sauce with me. deal?

Janie said...

Please don't share your recipe with me. I'm home all day with crazy cravings and I've been known to eat an entire batch of rice krispie treats before the husband gets home.