Thursday, May 28, 2009

This boy absolutely loves his dad. Lately he is all about Ty and wants to be wherever he is. When Ty is at school or work Leo will look up at me every 20 minutes or so and say "dada?" If Ty is here Leo wants to be fed by him, changed be him and held by him. Last night Krystal was watching Leo while we went to our stained glass class. She said that Leo kept pointing to our wedding pictures and saying "dada." And today, the crowning event, when Ty left for work Leo freaked. I was holding him and Ty said goodbye. As Ty walked up the stairs I walked into the front room with Leo. He immediately started squirming until I put him down. He crawled over to the stairs as fast as he could and, when he saw that Ty was really gone, he started bawling. It was pretty sad.
When Leo first entered this phase I thought I should feel a little sad that I was no longer the favorite parent. I've since come to realize that being the second favorite basically rocks my world. I mean, I actually get a break from providing the constant attention that my boy thrives on. While Ty is feeding, changing, holding and playing with his favorite son, I'm resting, reading, blogging or just plain sitting. It's amazing. Welcome to my (baby-free-er) life.

4 comments:

The Garner Family said...

hahah that's so funny.
Thanks for the compliments on my pictures :) - next time you are down here I'll have to take some of that crazy little boy of yours!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha that's is too cute!!!

angiedunn said...

true that. [amen.] i hear ya.

Kaytie Brown said...

Umm.. Your boy is getting so big/is ridiculously cute. I LOVE the "loving Daddy" business".