Friday, October 30, 2009

Deer

So here's the deer story:
Last night I got in the car around 6:30 to go and pick up Ty from work. As we were driving down 900 East (it's a busy, 4 lane road) I see a little blur out of the corner of my eye. "What is th. . . oh crap!" And then a giant deer (it was at least as tall as the car)ran into the side of me, flipped over the top of the car, crushed the windshield on the passenger side and ran off.
I was a little freaked out, mostly because I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do (and Leo was screaming from the loud sound that the windshield made when it shattered.) SO I pulled into a gas station and called Ty. "I just hit a deer." I said. "Do we need to report it or something?"
Any how, long story short, we filled out a report and someone from Ty's work gave him a ride to the gas station where we were. The damage was really minimal. There's a dent on the driver's side over the front wheel and the windshield, of course, which we already had replaced.


Yes, that's deer hair stuck in the car.

2 comments:

Spring said...

Oh, my gosh. I hope you're okay!

♥Tami said...

I'm glad to hear your okay! What a story! I would have freaked out too! I heard Leo wouldn't get back in the car after that! Too funny!