Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
I thought I'd post this early for our out-of-state family. There will probably be more to come. . .
We ordered a little tree from Amazon.com and accidentally had it shipped to Ty's parents in AZ. So, until it got here this is what we had. Slightly pathetic and more than a little depressing, I know.

Our tree arrived on the 23rd. Hooray! We immediately set it up (while listening to obnoxiously loud Christmas music.) We then spent the next two days trying to keep Leo from eating the ornaments/knocking down the entire tree.

Christmas day finally arrived! Leo found the sucker in his stocking first thing and it didn't leave his side all morning. (If you pay attention you'll notice it in the pictures of him.)

Ty got his very own shotgun this year. (You can't tell from this picture, but he's pretty excited.)

Here's Leo with his xylophone. (He's playing it in the background as I type this.) We were really happy to catch him making this face since he's been doing it a ton lately.

He really does love this thing. Hopefully I don't get sick of it too soon!

Here I am with my new pistol. (It's a Styer MA1. We have a picture of me with the actual gun, but the face I'm making is quite terrifying. I decided to spare you the trauma.)

Here's another one of Leo with his new stacking toy. It was pretty cute to watch him figure it out. It took him a minute to realize that he needed to find the hole on the top piece before he could put it on, and another minute to get that he had to put it on last or he couldn't get the rest of the rings on. He figured it out all by himself though. Such a smarty!

And finally, my favorite. We got Leo some one-piece puzzles. He's really great at taking the pieces out (notice the one he's flinging through the air) but we're still working on putting them back together again.

I guess that's all for now. There were a few more presents but Leo was too preoccupied with what he'd already opened to really be interested.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

wow, a post already...the only reason i'm even looking at blogs is because i'm nursing the baby. she is asleep now.. so back to getting ready for the drive to the valley.

RPH said...

So fun! Looks like a good time.

What a great idea to write a letter every year. I might have to try that next year.

You look great, how are ya feeling?