Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Yumminess

I found another really good recipe. This time it's for Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies and I got it from notwithoutsalt.com. (That's where I got the picture too.)

Chocolate Chip Shortbread

adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients:

3/4 pound butter, softened (I used margarine and they turned out just fine.)

1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling (I didn't sprinkle because the recipe never says to.)

1 tsp vanilla

3 1/2 cups flour

3/4 tsp salt

12 oz bag mini chocolate chips (I thought this was a lot of chocolate and would probably use less next time.)

Pre-heat oven to 350

In a bowl combine butter and sugar and mix until combined and creamy. Mix in vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add to butter mixture. Mix on low speed until the mixture begins to come together. (I was using a hand mixer and actually had to do this last part with my hands because it wasn't sticking together.) Add the chocolate chips until just mixed in. Roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate until firm.

Cut the log into 1/4 inch cookies and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. (I didn't use parchment and they didn't stick at all. Also, they don't expand at all so you can get quite a few on each baking sheet.) Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Cool to room temperature. (Seriously, don't try and eat them hot. They're soft and totally un-shortbread-like. Really gross. I actually threw mine in the freezer for a while.)

No comments: