Friday, December 25, 2009

Update

This afternoon when this:
happened for the third time in three days, we decided we had had enough Christmas tree cheer. That's right, our tree is already put away and it's not even December 26th.
Bah Humbug!!! :)

P.S. Speaking of Bah Humbug. . .
I have been in a seriously Grinchy mood all month. Partly because we didn't have a tree, partly because it was snowing and I hate the snow, partly because we weren't able to be with our families for Christmas, and, I'm sure, partly because I'm pregnant and that just makes me grumpy.
It seemed like no matter what I did I just couldn't get in the holiday spirit. Last night I was feeling extra bitter because we read Luke 2 as a family and I was wishing that we were with everyone else during this time of love, joy and togetherness. Any how, I realized that I hadn't written my annual Christmas letters to Ty and Leo. (It's something that my dad used to do that I really loved. Basically it's just a little letter highlighting some of the milestones that happened during that year and expressing love.) Well, I was in such a bad mood that I thought, "Just forget it. I really don't feel like doing that this year." But then as I thought about it more I decided that I should just do it and even if they turned out crappy, at least I wasn't breaking the tradition. It turns out that writing Christmas letters is a great way to get in the holiday spirit. As I sat down and thought about all of the things that have happened this year I realized that I have a pretty amazing life. I have an awesome husband who I adore. (Honestly, I still feel lucky every day that he chose me.) I have a healthy, active and adorable son. We have a great place to live and we're progressing towards our goals for the future. As I expressed my love for my boys I was able to feel Gods love for me in such a real and profound way. Sometimes I forget that God most often expresses His love for us through our many blessings and the people in our lives who love and support us. I truly have been blessed with so, so much and, especially right now, I'm feelin' the love in a big way.
Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!

1 comment:

Eric & Andrea said...

Good attitude Kristin! Merry Christmas girl and good job for raising an awesome, growing family!