Sunday, April 4, 2010

Well, my mom left this morning and we miss her already. She was such a big help!
As I was driving home from the airport after dropping her off I was overwhelmed with gratitude for a number of things.
I'm grateful for amazing parents who loved me and taught me the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm grateful that they taught me about my Heavenly Father and His plan for me.
I'm grateful that that plan includes forgiveness and the possibility of eternal life.
I'm grateful for my Saviour who loved me enough to suffer and die and live again so that I could also live again. I know He lives and that He loves each one of us more deeply than we can imagine.
I'm grateful for Ty and for the life we have together.
And I'm grateful for these boys:
(I love this picture because it looks like they're mad and refusing to look at each other. I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures like this in the years to come.)
I hope I can be a good mom to them and teach them what they need to know about life.
As I drove home these words were running through my head:

He is risen! He is Risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst His three days' prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered,
man is free.
Christ has won the victory.

We truly are free, or at least we can be, through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for that knowledge and for the love that made it possible.


Any how, here are some random pictures. . .

Proof that he does cry some times.


Dressed up for Easter.
(Even though we never left the house.)


Leo got these shades in his Easter basket and he loves them!


And this one's just adorable.

1 comment:

angiedunn said...

amen kris. i had similar feelings today.

those boys are dang cute. you are a great mom.

miss ya & love ya.