Thursday, January 17, 2013

One of my goals for this year is to let go of things that don't matter.
I spend way too much time worrying about things that ultimately have no real affect on my day-to-day life.
So I started off by making a pretty huge decision.
I let Leo use my crayons.
 This may not seem like a big deal to most of you,
but I'm a little bit anal about my crayons. 
I like them to stay nice, and sharp, and organized.
I've had these crayons for over four years and, until now,
Leo has never been allowed to touch them.
But I realized that a box of crayons should probably not last for four years. 
I mean, they're meant to be colored with, right?
They don't want to spend their lives in a box never being touched.
So even though it gives me serious anxiety to find them like this:
 and this:
and broken in bits after being stepped on and thrown around,
nothing bad has come about as a result of them being Leo's.
Hooray for letting go!
(Hopefully the next one's a little easier.)

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

haha i love you!!!

Meilyn said...

All I have to do is read your blog and I ending up smiling from ear to ear:) You are so funny!!! And... I must admit to having "sacred" crayons myself, but you were smart to get over it...it couldn't last!