Saturday, January 5, 2013

Disneyland

I swore that this was going to be the time that I actually blogged while I was in AZ for 7 weeks.
Oops.
It all started when I discovered it was going to be slightly inconvenient to get pictures from my camera to the computer.
Then I found out that I was getting a new camera for Christmas and I stopped taking pictures all together.
So now I'm going to attempt to catch up on some of what happened while we were gone.

We started off with the best trip to Disneyland I've ever taken.
Seriously, it was magical.
It was warm and sunny the entire time we were there.
The lines were short.
(Some were only 5 minutes long, and the longest was 20 minutes.)
The boys did so great.
Even Jay Alvin.
And I didn't get a decent picture the entire day.
Seriously, prepare to be underwhelmed by the photos.
We started off by taking the train to the back side of the park.
Jay would have been happy to do nothing else the entire day.
 Then we rode "It's a Small World" and he would have been happy to do nothing else all day.
Then came "Nemo". . .
Yeah, he would have done that all day too.
The funny thing is that his face looked like this all day long:
 I would say, "Jay, is this fun?"
And he would say, without even looking at me, "Yes."
And that was that.
The only time we got a bigger reaction than that was during "Pirates of the Caribbean."
He actually grabbed my hand during that one and told me he was scared,
then he got over it.


 We had lunch around 3:00 and the boys were getting a little sluggish.
Did we let that stop us?
Nope.
I just gave them Diet Coke to perk them back up.
(And the "Mother of the Year" award goes to. . .)
 And finally, I wouldn't have put this picture in except for the fact that it was my last attempt to get a good shot. It was ruined because Jay Alvin has an innate distrust of people with beards and the guy standing next to us in line had a pretty sweet one. Jay wouldn't take his eyes off of it.

So, even though the pictures are lame, the day was awesome and so worth it.
And Jay spent the entire night and most of the next day throwing up,
so we couldn't have timed it better.

No comments: