Thursday, January 17, 2013

Some of you may recognize this monstrosity:

I've had this baby since I was in junior high.
And yes, thanks for asking, I did paint it myself.
I decided about two years ago that I was going to re-finish this bad boy.
When we got back from AZ a few weeks ago I told Ty,
"I really need to get that thing re-finished."
To which he replied,
"Why don't you just admit that you're never going to do it?"
So, of course, I started on it the very next day.
And now it looks like this: 


Here's an interesting little tidbit:
This is not at all the look I was going for.
I was hoping for a "country cottage" feel.
Instead I got more of a "haunted mansion"
or a
"Hey, remember how I told you I had an old dresser you could use?
Well it turns out that there's been a pipe leaking water on it for the past two years and we just now noticed.
No, it will totally still work as long as you don't mind the smell."
But I'm keeping it any way,
because I am way too cheap and lazy to start over again.
The end.

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

i remember that bad boy! love the makeover! you crack me up.... ♥

Eric and Andrea said...

Hahaha! This post made me laugh. I'm the exact same a you Kristin! I have projects that Eric knows I'll never finish, but if he says something about it then I'll do it. But it never turns out right. lol. Good job though!!