Saturday, January 19, 2013

Have I mentioned that I have the best husband ever?
Pretty sure I wrote a post about it a few years ago.
When we got back from AZ Ty says to me, "I have a few 4 day weekends coming up. You should go on vacation again." (I went to AZ for the last one.)
My initial response was negative. I didn't really want to go anywhere alone, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money because we don't have a job once April gets here.
And then this past week happened.
Both boys have been sick.

There's been a lot of neediness,
A lot of barf clean-up,
A whole lot of laundry,
And very little personal space/time. (Which this momma definitely needs.)
So I decided to run away for a day.
Ty dropped me off at a Motel 6 not 5 miles from our house.
(And we told Leo I was going to spend the night driving a submarine in the bay, just because we're mean and we knew he would be jealous.)
It was awesome.
Seriously.
 I got caught up on all my journal writing (which I was pathetically behind on).
I read an entire book, without any interruptions.
I walked around Walmart for an hour.
I stopped by the gas station and got a Diet Coke on the way back to my room.
I gave myself a facial,
took a long bath,
and watched Hoarders on TLC.
I loved it.
And then today when I left the hotel I walked down to the beach and chilled there until Ty and the boys picked me up again.
It was exactly what I needed.

1 comment:

Janie said...

wow. that sounds like the best vacation ever.