Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Wednesday or Why I Have the Best Husband Ever

Last Wednesday went something like this:

Kristen is very tired/burned out/in need of a date.
K- Ty, I really, really, really need to go on a date.
T- What do you want me to do? Call Krystal and see if she can watch Leo?
K- Yes, please.
T- Okay.
"Krystal? Hey, Kristen has some clothes she thought you might want. Do you want to come over tonight and look through them? Okay, how about 6:30? And when you get here we're going to leave Leo with you for a couple of hours. K? Bye?"
K- YAY!

On the way out the door to the movie our insane land lady makes a retard comment that is basically the very last straw for Kristen.
K- I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!
T- It's okay.
K- No, I really mean it. I can't stand it any more! She's making me insane.
T- Okay. We'll move
K- YAY! (P.S. We're moving.) (P.P.S. The movie was amazing/relaxing/exactly what I needed.)

By the time we get home and get Leo in bed Kristen has a pretty horrible headache (which she can do nothing about because of the small human currently growing inside of her belly.)
K- (whining) Babe, I can't even sleep because laying down hurts too much. (It's about 3 a.m.)
T- Come here. I'll give you a massage. Is it working?
K- A little.
T- Do you want me to go and get you a diet Coke?
K- Yeah.
T- Okay, I'll be right back.

30 minutes later

T- Sorry it took so long. I went to the gas station but they didn't have the ice you like so I went to Sonic instead.

Leo starts crying

T- Do you think that's an "I need comfort cry?"
K- Yeah
T- Okay, I'll do it.

*And that's the end of my story. At least as far as last Wednesday is concerned.

6 comments:

RPH said...

WOW! You are lucky!

The driving to Sonic for good ice is the best part...what a guy!

Congrats, I did not realize you were pregnant. When are you due?

Eric & Andrea said...

Ohhh how sweet! Was your landlady saying she hated you????

♥Tami said...

What a sweet Hubby! Good job Ty!

Stacie Robinson said...

Somedays husbands know exactly what to say and do. It has to be inspired!

Summer said...

That is awesome. I love that you started by telling him what you needed, and then helped him along with the solution when necessary :) I thinks it's crazy when women just get aggravated thinking they're husbands should just sense what they need. I say, what we need is support and sometimes what they need is a little direction :).

Cassandra Romney said...

YOUR HAVING A BABY!?!?!?!