Thursday, September 17, 2009

Visiting the Doctor

I went to an OB appointment yesterday. It took an unusually long amount of time to locate the baby's heart beat. Right about the time I was really starting to worry I heard the little whoosh, whoosh, whoosh that means everything is okay. I love that sound!
Shortly after that I talked to the doctor about a VBAC. (I'm planning on trying it this time around.) He said, "Great! I think that will be such a good thing. Just so you know there is some risk. There's always the possibility that the incision on your uterus will rupture. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's a disaster! I mean, a real disaster."
So that freaked me out a little. Anyone who has had a VBAC where their uterus didn't rupture should tell me about it in the comments.
Thanks!

1 comment:

RPH said...

do a little reading on it (do you have a million pregnancy books like me?)

My first baby was a c section, but my second baby came out just fine (he was a vbac).

Sometimes you have to put a little trust in people other than your doctor.

Good luck. Are you at all considering another c section....you should e mail me.