Monday, September 14, 2009

Good Cookies & Bad Mothering

I have good news. Last night I discovered the best cookies ever. I'm not kidding, these cookies are to die for. They're a combination of every cookie that I love: Oatmeal Raisin, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and they have coconut. I'm drooling just thinking about them. They're soft and chewy and everything a cookie should be. Here's the recipe. . .

Beat until creamy:
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Butter (softened)
Beat in:
2 eggs
Add:
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
Then mix in:
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Coconut
1 cup Raisins*
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder

*The original recipe calls for Craisins. I don't ever keep these around the house and I think raisins taste better. Hence the substitution.

On a more negative note. . . I know that I'm not really supposed to be letting my 14 month old watch television. However, I also know that being pregnant, packing/moving everything in my house and watching said 14 month old makes me way too tired for my own good. So I might have been turning on the t.v. a little more often than I should. Like, Leo now knows the theme song to Sponge Bob Square Pants (he gets all excited as soon as the pirate comes on and then dances through the entire song. It's pretty cute.) and I may be getting slightly excited to watch the new episode of iCarly (Sam and Freddy kissed!) I have nothing to say for myself.

4 comments:

Spring said...

Moving is no fun and doing it pregnant must be so hard. I hope it goes well for you. The nice thing about moving close is that you can make trips in the car back and forth so hopefully it's not too hard. Good luck with it!

♥Tami said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
You crack me up! I love that you are excited for iCarly! My kids are as well!

Cassandra Romney said...

YUMMY they sound so good!

RPH said...

What the heck is iCarly? Moving, a 14 month old, and pregnancy are a BAD combination! I cant imagine.

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe. I love when people share recipes...thanks!!!

Ps - if you were my neighbor you would be getting some fresh whole wheat pancake mix and plum syrup for Christmas.