Monday, June 8, 2009

Firsts

So it turns out that my last post was (unfortunately) prophetic. Leo has spent the last two days getting into little-boy trouble. Yesterday he had his very first bloody nose after an incident involving his face and the floor. He was incredibly traumatised for about half an hour and he ended up being most upset about me cleaning the blood off of his face. Today he was playing in the bathroom cupboard while I was putting on my make up. All of a sudden I smell mouthwash. I look down and see Leo sitting in a puddle of it, using the lid as a cup. I have no idea how much he drank, but I can definitely smell it on his breath so I got to make my first call to poison control. (FYI, Leo plays in that cupboard all the time, and even plays with the mouthwash, but it's never opened before. I'm guessing it didn't get closed last time we used it.) The lady I talked to was very nice and very reassuring. She took my name and phone number so she could "call me back in an hour." She never called so I'm pretty sure she put me on a CPS watch list or something.

Then, about 20 minutes ago, I'm washing dishes and I look down and Leo is covered in blood and there's blood all over the floor. So I pick him up, check him out and see that it's just a small cut on his finger that just won't quit bleeding. I put a Band Aid on, cleaned up the floor and I still can't figure out what he cut it on. I'm telling ya, I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up with this boy!


1 comment:

♥Tami said...

Too funny! Can't wait to see that little guy!