Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I feel like I haven't posted in an eternity! A lot has been happening, but it's mostly just day to day stuff.

*Leo gave himself a black eye and I didn't even feel bad for him. (He pulled the computer speaker off the desk and onto his face after I had told him to stop about a dozen times. I kind of felt like he deserved it. I'm a mean mom.)

(And it looked way worse than this the day after.)

*I ended up winning an award for Most Original Recipe and another for Creamiest Chili with a recipe that my sister Tami sent me. (Thanks Tam!) It was really yummy chili too. (How could anything with a pound of cheese not be yummy?) I'll definitely be making it again.

*Leo and I have spent a lot of time at the little pond on the south side of campus. Feeding the ducks is now his favorite thing to do. I have a really cute video of him surrounded by ducks and loving it, but I have to get Ty to put in on the computer before I can post it. (I'm pretty much technologically retarded. I mean, I still write talks and papers on notebook paper before I put them on the computer.) Leo also got to play in the hose one day after we got back because it was hot and he was a little stinky.

He loved it!

*We had a booth at the Provo's Farmer's Market on Saturday. It was our first time and it was pretty much a total failure. We didn't sell a single thing and we ended up getting rained out after just a couple of hours. Hopefully this week goes better. Even if we don't sell anything we're hoping to get our business cards out there.

*Some of my family is going to be here in approximately one week and I'm pretty much peeing my pants with excitement. (I get a little bored hanging out with Leo all day.)

*Father's Day was good. We didn't really do anything special. In fact, Ty made breakfast (because it was Father's Day I let him cook the oatmeal with salt instead of sugar. Sick!) His present was work clothes (boring) but they came with 2 free tickets to see the new Transformers movie (exciting).

*We're going to see the new Transformers movie on Saturday after the Farmer's Market.

*Lastly, I started lifting weights with Ty's cousin Sarah in the mornings. Yesterday was our first day and I almost died. It wasn't that bad while we were doing it, but by the time I got home I couldn't lift my arms up. Showering was a nightmare and I almost cried trying to put deodorant on. It was awesome. My goal is to look like this by this time next year (minus the man parts):

Disgusting!

5 comments:

Janie said...

You are my favorite for two reasons today:
First - I'm a mean mom too. When will boys understand that they are self destructive and they should just sit and watch TV all day?
Second - that muscle picture made my day.

♥Tami said...

That picture is gross! I'm pretty sure it's now burned into my brain forever, thanks!

I'm glad the chili was a success! Glad I could help you out!

We will be up there one week from today! Ü

RPH said...

that picture ruined the whole post. that is disgusting and can not be real.

share the chili recipe please? and what are you selling at the farmers market? I love those things!

also, I am about to pee my pants with excitement over seeing your family too. You are welcome to come on up to my house with Tami and Julie, you know. We have plenty of room and would LOVE to have you too.

I can not wait!!!

Tony and Amanda French said...

That is so sick... please don't ever look like that. You wouldn't be able to move or anything. LOL!!!! I wouldn't probably make fun of you. Just playin'. It was good hearing from you the other day. I wrote you back. I hope you got it. Anyways... I'm trying to take off conference weekend so I can come and hang out with you.
Oh you should send me that chili recipe. I have one for you to try to. I'll send it to you. Love ya!!!!

Heidi said...

i'm not sure those are man parts in there, maybe someone is storing some small fruit (citrus?) in his speedo...or something, but not man parts.