Monday, February 1, 2010

Doctor

Leo had his 18 month well check on Thursday. It was a nightmare. Honestly, I never want to go again, and Leo feels the same way (although he probably shouldn't.) I like our pediatrician, I really do. He's super nice and seems genuinely concerned about Leo's health. However, he is always, always running behind. And I don't mean 10 or 15 minutes. I have never been seen less than 40 minutes after my appointment time, and this time the doctor was over an hour late. I understand that they have to squeeze in appointments with sick kids, but an hour? I think that's a little ridiculous. Especially since they have a little sign in the waiting room that says, "If you are more than 20 minutes late for your scheduled appointment time you will be asked to reschedule." Hello, double standard, my name is Kristen. Nice to meet you.
Any how, after his last appointment Leo has learned to recognize that this is the place where they give him shots. He does not like to be there. As soon as they started leading us back to a room he started screaming his little head off. And the entire time the nurse was trying to weigh him and measure him he was clinging to me and crying, "No, no, please, no." It was a lot of fun. Especially since he kept freaking out any time he heard any kind of noise outside our room for the entire hour we were waiting to see the doctor. Joy.
Complaints aside, he's healthy and growing like he should. Current stats are:
Weight: 24.25 pounds (28.04 percentile)
Height: 34 inches (91 percentile)
Head: 19 inches (64.42 percentile)


He got a Dilly Bar after since it was so bad.

3 comments:

angiedunn said...

i hate that! one time i seriously went postal 'cause i was 10 minutes late & they told me that i had to reschedge...i'm tellin' ya "the dunn" truly came out of me. hahaha.....

he's cute. and now i want a dilly bar.

ps: "hello, double standard..." made me laugh out loud.

Heidi said...

you had to wait an hour in the room? I always had to wait an our for my old obgyn when pregnant with jake...for my 5 min checkup. At least most of the time we were in the waiting room with the little mermaid playing for Maes.

RPH said...

A DILLY BAR? Oh man, I havent had one of those in forever!

I cant believe you had to wait that long. What a bummer.