Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I went to a conference on Saturday and the keynote speaker challenged each of us to make a list of 25 every-day things that make us happy. Since most of my thoughts this morning have centered on reasons that I hate my life I figured this was a good time to fulfill that assignment. So here goes:
25 Things That Make Me Really Happy
1. Any time I can step on a scale and think, "I'm okay with that."
2. Watching Leo sleep. (For some reason as soon as he's out I can forget about all the terrorist-like things he's been up to and just feel lucky that he's mine.)
3. Going to the movie theater and getting a huge soda with extra ice.
4. Having clean floors.
5. Getting someone a gift that is exactly what they didn't know they wanted.
6. Cooking something delicious and sharing it with people that I love.
7. Having a great hair day. (And a pimple-free face is an added bonus.)
8. Okay, this one's a little bizarre. I love when some one's baby is really upset and no one can get them to calm down, and then I take them and they stop crying/go to sleep.
9. Watching a live performance, especially a play, that is really well done. (I'm not a huge fan of being in these things, but I really love being in the audience.)
10. Curling up in bed with a book that I love when the weather is terrible.
11. I love when the sun starts shining right after it's been snowing and everything is clean and sparkly.
12. Going to the dentist and not having any cavities.
13. Flossing my teeth.
14. Taking a picture that perfectly captures the moment it was taken. (This doesn't happen to me very often since I'm not a very good photographer and I have a really crappy camera.)
15. Rubbing my chin on the top of a new baby's head. (Weird, I know, but I love the feel of their super soft hair/skin on my neck.)
16. Hearing a song that I love at the exact moment that I needed to hear it.
17. (This is absolutely horrible, but it really does make me so incredibly happy.) I love running into someone that I haven't seen in a long time (especially if I didn't particularly like them when I was seeing them more frequently) and they've gotten fat. (I'm a bad person. I know this.)*
18. The first time you know for sure that what you just felt was a baby kick and not your internal organs rearranging themselves.
19. Being able to get together with someone you haven't seen in ages and talk just like no time has passed at all.
20. Finally going to sleep after a long and exhausting day.
21. The night before something really exciting is going to happen. (The suspense just kills me.)
22. Having house guests.
23. When Ty has the day off and we can just hang out together.
24. Having someone you know you can call and complain to and they won't think less of you.
25. Knowing exactly what you want and being able to find/get it.

*This was especially fun when I was really skinny and may, in fact, be my sole motivation for getting skinny again after this baby is born.

2 comments:

Marie said...

That is a great list! Thanks for sharing. Hang in there these last couple weeks!

Spring said...

Love the list, Kristen. Maybe 12 happens because of 13. Wish I could say either. :) You often have beautiful hair days it seems. I'm so excited for you to see your new baby soon!