Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Thursday Thoughts

*I am so cold! I don't mean so, kind of cold. I mean really, really, really cold. For the last three days I have pretty much been wrapped in my sweats and hovering over the space heater. (Let me tell you, it's attractive!) In fact, right now one of my legs is about to burn off it's so close to the heater and I'm still cold! Isn't it supposed to be spring? I swear, Utah has dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities). AZ here I come. YAY!

*We had corn on the cob yesterday for dinner. And yummy onion soup mix potatoes. It made me really happy. So happy I didn't even want ice cream after. (Well, not bad enough to get it any way.)

*I finished one of the blankets I've been working on. (There were 3 in progress.) It started out being one of the easiest blankets I've ever made and turned into the most annoying. It's one of those rag quilts. They go together so incredibly easy but cutting all the seams took me forever! Plus I kept cutting through the stitching and having to mend it. Any how, it turned out to be so cute that I can almost forgive it for taking so long.


*I finally found a place that had cute, cheap maternity clothes. I am basically the biggest cheapskate you'll ever meet, especially when it comes to clothes. I just can't justify spending $58 on a shirt that I'll only be wearing for a couple of months. In fact, I can't stand spending more that $20 on pretty much any item of clothing. (Shoes are another matter, but I hate buying clothes.) Well, I'm getting too fat for most of the maternity clothes that I currently own and was getting a little desperate. Then we got an add for Shopko and they were having a huge sale so we checked it out. YAY! Unfortunately even the large maternity clothes are almost too tight for my belly. It's depressing.

I could go on but I'm kind of hungry. Breakfast awaits!


3 comments:

Marie said...

If my memory serves me correctly? Here's some cheap maternity shopping ideas. (And I wasn't the smallest pregnant lady either...) Ross had some cute maternity shirts. Burlington Coat factory has a section called Baby depo, and they had cute/cheap maternity clothes too. JC Penny had a decent maternity section too, and their outlet store had amazing prices. I got a nice and versatile black skirt for $6. (It must have been amazing since I remember that.)
Good luck.

♥Tami said...

There is a store out here by me that sells 2nd hand maternity clothes. maybe you can check it out when you are here.

angiedunn said...

"it turned out to be so cute that I can almost forgive it for taking so long" love that line, and yes: it is beyond ADORABLE. You are the cutest mom already.

Um, cheap maternity clothes: Myron's closet. Stop by anytime. I wore large mens shirts for the entire last trimester. It was fabulous.