Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-Elect Obama

I decided this morning that, since Obama is going to be the leader of our country for at least the next four years, I should probably try and find something that I like about him. (Thus far my opinions of him have run along the lines of "condescending," "arrogant," "dishonest," "pure evil," etc.) I thought I would start out by watching his acceptance speech and see if he said anything that inspired me. About 37 seconds into it I started crying and by second 42 I couldn't take any more and had to shut it off. Maybe tomorrow, huh?

4 comments:

Cassandra Romney said...

Kristin i couldnt agree with you more! last night when i was watching everything and they said that he was going to be president I started crying I didnt stop for an hour! I still have puffy eyes from it! I cant stand it! I also tried to listen to his exceptence speach and couldnt go pass 1 minute! Looks like you and i are going to have to really use faith the next 4 years!

Spring said...

I too cried during his scary speech. I also couldn't understand why everyone listening was smiling and nodding there heads. I was screaming at the TV, "Do you hear what he's saying?!" Apparently they don't.

Benson & Sarah Garner said...

ugh! I felt the same way. I made it in three minutes but could not bring myself to listen to the rest...

Cheryl said...

I couldnt go that long, I kept fantasizing about moving to rocky point for 4 years...we are gonna watch a whole bunch of movies when the talking heads are on.