Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cookbooks

For some unknown reason I have a huge aversion to looking in cookbooks when I need a specific recipe. I love having cookbooks, and I love looking through them to see what kinds of yumminess they contain, I just never think to turn to one when I don't know what to put in something that I want to eat. (Unless I already know that the recipe I'm looking for is there.) So the other day I decided I should make banana bread because our bananas were on their way out. Did I look in a cookbook? No sir, I did not. I sent an e-mail to my sister saying, "I need to make banana bread. Can you send me the recipe?" Then, about 5 minutes later, I realized that any one of my 26 or so cookbooks was likely to have the very recipe I was looking for. SO I e-mailed back a "never mind" and started looking. Sure enough, I found 7 recipes for banana bread and one recipe for banana oat pancakes. We decided to try out the pancakes and they were really, really yummy. So maybe now I'll start using my cookbooks more. (For things other than dessert!)

No comments: