Thursday, May 8, 2008

Update

I've been seriously slacking on the blog here. I know. There are just way too many things going on here in the valley of the sun. Don't worry though. We're headed back up to Utah on Tuesday and I should be bored enough to update regularly. :) Be prepared to hear all about my garden. I'm super excited to see what it's been up to while we were away. My sister-in-law said that we have little radish heads poking through the soil. YAY!
Any how, back to business here. We've been keeping pretty busy these past few weeks. I'm not sure what with, but it really seems like we've been running from place to place. We have gotten to go swimming several times, which is always exciting. Especially when I keep hearing that Utah is still pretty darn cold. In all honesty, it hasn't been all that warm down here either. At least in the water. You have to be really brave and get in as fast as you can. Then once you get your breath back and swim around for five minutes or so it actually feels pretty nice. Of course, I tend to feel a little warmer than everyone else since I have my own personal heating unit installed in my tummy. No one else has complained though, so I guess it can't be too cold. 
We also had a baby shower for me and Leo. It was so much fun. One of those times when you're really, really sad that there's a kid squashing the life out of your stomach because you just can't fit in all the yummy things that you want to eat. (Don't worry. I just made an extra plate and ate it once everyone was gone.) We got a ton of really cute things and things we really needed, like a stroller and car seat. Now I just have to sit around and wait impatiently for Leo to come out so I can use them. Just two more months! (and a week. But we're rounding because it makes me feel better.) 
Speaking of feeling better, I'm not. I had no idea that feet and hands could get this swollen. It makes for an interesting experience. If I didn't have a pair of black sandals that doesn't really touch my feet I would probably have to go to church bare footed. (Not that I don't just take my shoes off as soon as I get there any way.) And I can't even use it as an excuse to buy new ones because I don't want to spend money on shoes that I'm only going to wear for a few months. Woe is me. :) 
Any how, this is getting kind of long. And we've really just been hanging out, eating lots of good things and watching movies. So, hopefully I'll come up with something exciting before we leave. If not, I'll see you on Wednesday!

No comments: