Thursday, June 19, 2008

Funny Story

We had our second prenatal class tonight. At the end we watched a video of four different live births: one with an episiotomy and epidural, a c-section, a forceps assisted and a natural. Can I just say that it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen? And I've watched births before, but not like this. Maybe the fact that I'm going to be there in a few weeks made the difference. The best part was looking around the room and seeing the looks of horror on every one's faces. The girl sitting behind us almost started crying. After the first birth I heard her say, "I don't think I can do this" to her husband. I must admit, I had the same thought cross my mind. Isn't there a better way? I guess if there were we would have come up with it by now, huh?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

And now you why, when I was pregnant with my first, I took kfc to the class, ate my chicken and ignored the movies! Nobody really wants to see this stuff- you just want it to be over! Just remember Kristen- you have to ASK for the drugs! Loved your description- it's timeless!

RPH said...

kris, i somehow erased your e mail address...will you e mail me your mailing address again? the stuff i sent you for the shirts came back in the mail today (address unknown)! bummer, i was hoping they would be done in time for our family reunion! dang! anyway, please e mail your mailing address so i can send them again. i have to take advantage of your sweet sewing machine before you have this kid!