Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nesting and Other Random Happenings

Ty Here: So the other night when Kristen and I went to the pre-natal classes one of the signs that the birth was getting closer was called "nesting," where the mother to be would suddenly get a burst of energy and start cleaning and prepping the house. Today, I walked out into our living room and I saw a crazed Kristen, with scissors, hacking apart our couch cover. This is a couch cover that we got when we first moved in, and it has always worked fine, though it admittedly didn't look nice, but she suddenly couldn't help but to spend the day fixing it.
Back to Kristen: I gave our couch cover a complete makeover today. Most of you didn't get a chance to see it in all its hideous glory, and I didn't think to take a "before" picture. We bought it months ago (at least 8) and it was just way too big and the complete wrong shape. Instead of returning it or fixing it we just stuffed all the extra fabric into the cracks. It really was horrible. Any how, today I decided it was time to do something about it. At first I was just going to try and alter it a little, but I ended up just hacking it to pieces and starting almost completely over. Six hours later it looked so, so much better. (The fabric in piles on the floor is what was left over when I was done.) When Ty walked out and saw what I was doing he said, "Oh babe, are you nesting?" (The only reason he even thought to ask that was because they mentioned it at our class on Thursday.) I told him that I was just bored and didn't have anything better to do.





And yesterday my sister Julie was up here. We got to hang out all day and even took her boys to the park. It was a lot of fun and they're super cute so I had to put in some pictures of them as well. (She also said that I'm not as huge as that picture from a few days ago makes me look. Hallelujah!)



Then this morning we went by the Provo Farmer's Market and decided that we're going to try and sell some of my stuff there. We filled out all the paper work, now we just have to figure out where we take it. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

RPH said...

ok ok ok, what is wrong with the original couch upholstery? i love that couch! it looks so unique. i happen to have one similar to it, but really, it has character. great job on the cover though, that is some work! and julie has got some cuties. be sure and update on the farmers market. good luck!