Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good Stuff

I've had two of my sisters tell me recently how good the recipes are from http://www.pickypalate.blogspot.com/ so this morning I tried one out for myself. Of course, I didn't choose a healthy, family-friendly dinner recipe. Instead I went with Puffy Banana Peanut Butter Cup Sweet Grilled Sandwich. Oh yes, it is as good as it sounds. Basically it's a grilled cheese sandwich minus the cheese. Instead you fill it with peanut butter, bananas, marshmallows and chocolate. Then you sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Can I just say delicious? It doesn't really require step-by-step instructions (though you can get them at Picky Palate if you want) because you really just slap peanut butter on both pieces of bread and then load on the other stuff. And her pictures are way better than mine too.


We also got to baby sit today. A woman in our ward just had a baby, then she got sick. And her husband is studying for the bar exam. We decided to give them a little break and took their three older kids for a couple of hours. All we did was go to the park and then watch a movie, but it wore me out! (It was really hot today.) I ended up taking two naps. :) It was fun though. I'm glad babies generally come one at a time so you can get to the multi-kid stage gradually.

1 comment:

Spring said...

Your table looks very inviting with the yummy sandwich, big glass of milk, and skip-bo cards. Fun!