Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Futile Efforts

We decided we were going to try and induce labor today. (It's the first day that I'm officially full-term.) There was no way I was going to drink Castor oil because that's disgusting and I've been told that jumping on a trampoline is a really bad idea, so we tried spicy food first. We went to a super yummy Mexican food place and I ate a ton of salsa. On the drive home I had one measly little contraction. No go on the spicy food. So then we went to Wal Mart so I could walk around for a while (again, just one tiny little contraction) and also so we could pick up my sexy new lingerie for the hospital.

Yes, I know, I am one hot momma. Any how, we're out of ideas for now. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and I'm hoping she'll say, "Holy cow! I have never seen any one this ready to give birth when they still had three weeks left. You should probably go straight to the hospital and have your husband meet you there. In fact, let me drive you. I'm not sure you can make it across the street in time." I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

RPH said...

oh no! you cant have this baby yet! i want my little shirts done first, then feel free to give birth at your convenience!

Cheryl said...

The last 3 weeks are the hardest! you are ready to move on and it's hot...ya know there is ONE way to induce labor at home- it's an old fashioned way but pretty effective- doesn't involve castor oil- ask your doctor or call me privately!
LOL.....enjoy your summer!