Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dilemma

I have a little problem. It started about two months ago when the Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door. (They aren't the problem, they're just the background.) So it's these two really nice older ladies and they see that I'm hugely pregnant and just drop off some pamphlets. But they're really excited about the baby and they ask if they can come back in a few weeks and see it. I said that was fine and they've been coming by every few weeks since then. Well they came by today and they brought Leo a present.


That's right. They think my little boy is a girl. Named Leah. And now I'm stuck because I accepted little girl clothes from them. Eventually they're going to come by when he's definitely dressed like a boy and know that he's not a she. So what do I do? Refuse to answer the door if I don't know who it is? Make sure Leo's always in gender neutral clothes. Strip him naked every time someone comes to the door? Move? If you have any ideas my ears are wide open. And if you're thinking, "Well, why didn't you just tell them that he's a boy." I did. Repeatedly. Apparently they just don't believe me.

4 comments:

Rob Bushman said...

If these sisters are that old, they probably are memory challenged as well. They won't remember what they gave you, just like they won't remember that Leo is a boy! Besides, it's their mistake not yours. Don't worry about it!!! Or . . . how does Ty feel about Leo in pink?

Rob Bushman said...

That last comment is from Meilyn, not el guapo!

angiedunn said...

omg. that's freaking hilarious. i have no idea what you should do. perhaps just laugh. and i'll laugh with you.

i heart leah.

Summer said...

I'm getting caught up on your blog and didn't want to overwhelm you by commenting on everything at once, but you're so hilarious, I'm laughing through most of these. I love how proud you were of your baking skills on the last one, you're a crack up!