Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brownies

I'm pretty much a baking goddess. I mean, I always knew I was pretty good, but it turns out I'm phenomenal. On Saturday Ty and I went out to celebrate the fact that we wouldn't have to choose between paying rent or buying groceries. We saw a movie and then got lunch at Zupas. (I know they don't have it in AZ, but it's really yummy. Soups, salads, paninis...) Any how, by the time the movie was over I was starving. While we were in line waiting for our food I saw the most heavenly looking brownie ever, and I wanted it. Boy did I want it. However I decided not to get it. I have a huge sweet tooth and Ty is always trying to talk me out of eating sweets. Whenever I want something he says, "Do you really want that?" And then he tells me that I don't and that we're not going to get it. Any how, I decided to be responsible and I told myself that the only reason it looked so good was because I was so hungry and that after I ate my lunch I wouldn't want it any more. It turns out I was wrong. I thought about that brownie for the rest of the day. I wanted it so bad. Almost bad enough to go back and get it, but that seemed a little out of control so I refrained. Any how, we needed to get groceries and I thought, "I could just get the stuff and make it myself." So we went to the store and by the time I got there I had talked myself out of it. ("Self, you don't really need it.") But then brownie mix was on super sale. I ended up getting it. I made the brownies and mixed in nuts and marshmallows. Then when it was half way done I put more nuts and marshmallows on top. It was delicious and so worth it. Unfortunately we ate them all. In two days.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I think Alan's work loves me. The past couple of times I've made treats, I'll eat my sensible 3-4 servings, and then send the rest to work with him. (Otherwise, Yes, I would eat the whole thing)

His boss said, "You don't need to feel obligated to bring us treats." Alan said, "Oh, I don't. But when we make treats at home, if they stay there, we eat them all..."

Your brownies look amazing. I always knew you were a baking goddess.