Saturday, March 29, 2008

Consequences

So I've been crocheting like a mad woman ever since I started that first baby blanket. I'm halfway through blankie number three, which is by far the best. In exchange for the countless hours I've spent working on those things I got . . .

my very own wrist brace. That's right folks, crocheting can give you carpal tunnel. YAY! I woke up yesterday to a cold, swollen, achy, tingling hand. It was slightly frightening, but more annoying than anything. And now I get to wear my stylish new brace for several weeks while I let my wrist rest. That's not the worst part though. What's even more horrible than having to keep my wrist practically immobile is how incredibly bored I am! Since I've been pregnant I've felt like I should spend every waking moment doing something. It doesn't matter what, as long as it's something. As soon as I run out of things to do I get incredibly, out-of-my-mind bored. Since I'm at home most of the time this has become something of a problem. I found that I ended up doing the same things over and over again. (Clean, crochet, read, watch a movie, repeat.) At the beginning of the week I reached the point where I didn't want to do any of those things ever again. Seriously, the thought of doing any one of those things was enough to make me want to cry. So instead I started coloring. That's right, I've colored dozens of pictures of Disney Princesses including, but not limited to, Halloweenderella. (That's Cinderella in black and orange in case you were wondering.) Any how, now that I'm temporarily disabled I can't crochet at all and coloring is even getting difficult. I think I might drive Ty crazy with "what do you want to do now?" moments. At least it's only two weeks.

And I did have another form of distraction this morning. There was a bridal fair at Provo High School. I went with Ty's sisters Krystal and Melissa. We thought it would be funny to tell everyone there that I was engaged. (Keep in mind I'm six months pregnant.) It ended up not being that great because everyone was too mature about it. No one acted shocked or horrified. I was hoping that someone would at least give me a "what a dirty tramp" look, but no one did. Oh well. At least I got to get my hair done and sample lots of yummy, free food.

No comments: