Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Updates


This is a follow up of several things I've posted earlier, plus a few bonus happy thoughts.
*First of all our garden is growing! Yay! It's covered in little, clover-like sprouts. So far we have peas and radishes coming up. And an onion, but I don't think that really counts since it was sprouting before we stuck it in the ground. (Apparently if you leave an onion on the counter for a long time and it gets wet repeatedly it starts to grow. Who knew?)

*Secondly, van man moved out of our backyard. Yay again! We actually went over there and checked the van out a couple of times. There was never anyone in it, nut it was set up like a tiny little motor home. It looked pretty nice. Any how, on Saturday there was a man in the lot clipping tree branches. Then there were two men, and then there were a whole bunch of people. They cut down some trees, clipped off some dead branches and cleaned up the lot. Then they moved the van and we haven't seen it since.

*Third, we had the most amazing pizza tonight. It was shockingly good. I'm not kidding. We went to Papa Murphy's (only because we had a coupon) and got their five meat stuffed pizza. It's four pounds of meaty, cheesy, crispy-crusted deliciousness. And we cooked it ourselves! It only took 25 minutes. It made me really happy. I don't think we'll be getting pizza from anywhere else ever again. It was really that good. And cheap. (Which is also very important.)



*And last, the thing that made me even more happy than the pizza, I made the yummiest cookies ever completely on accident. I was bored and I decided I wanted cookies, but I didn't want to go shopping (which eliminated chocolate chip). So I pulled out my Betty Crocker Cooky Book and started browsing for anything that didn't require ingredients that we didn't have. I came up with Canadian Oatmeal Shortbread. It was so, incredibly easy and so very yummy. It might be my new favorite cookie. (I know they don't look that good, but they really, really are.) And they don't have eggs in them so I can eat the dough even while I'm pregnant. YAY! Speaking of eating dough, it's Ty's favorite part of anything, including bread and pancakes. (Sick, I know.) Any how, I'm such a mean wife and I never let him eat the dough/lick the bowl until I'm done making whatever it is that I'm making. Poor man! At least I let him have some of the cookies.



No comments: