Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Yesterday was a little lame for us. Generally I really enjoy the 4th (anything that involves swimming, barbecue and fireworks is a good thing) but I'm generally not 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. It was so hot that I pretty much refused to go outside all day long. At one point we were going to go on a walk, but when I tried to shove my fat little feet into my shoes I decided it wasn't worth it. I don't know if you can tell from this picture just how swollen my feet are, but Ty has started calling the right one (affectionately, of course) my "little piggy foot."




Yes, they are disgusting and yes it hurts to walk on them. I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over!


Any how, we spent most of the day watching the rest of The Office. It was both highly entertaining and disappointing at the same time. (We were in no way disappointed in the show, just in the fact that we're now out of new episodes to watch yet again.) So it didn't quite distract me from the "I don't have a baby yet" dilemma for as long as I was hoping it would.


Mid-afternoon we decorated my tummy with 4th of July tattoos. (I wouldn't recommend enlarging the photo unless you want to be utterly disgusted by my multitude of stretch marks.) We're now hoping that Leo makes an appearance before the tattoos wear off just because we think it will be funny to show up at the hospital like this to give birth.

We ended the day with fireworks, of course. We tramped out into the empty lot behind our house in the pitch blackness, wading through knee-high grass and weeds, carrying folding chairs and wearing sandals. It was quite an adventure, but we had a pretty good view of the Stadium of Fire show through the trees. I'm really hoping that we don't repeat this experience with any of our other kids!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm rootin' for you Kristen! I get excited when I see you have a post and think, "maybe this is it!" Hang in there.
Marie

♥Tami said...

You can definitely tell how swollen your feet are, no question about that! Ouch! I remember after having Ryleigh, when the swelling went down, the tops of my feet hurt so bad from all that weight on them that they are not use to having. Hang in there, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!