Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Hello everyone! I'm back from my grand adventure and I'm feeling great. Slightly sleep deprived, slightly sore in the abdominal region, but feeling surprisingly normal considering that my entire life is now different. I love being a mom! Especially to this adorable little guy.

How cute is he? He makes the best little faces. This morning around 2 a.m. I went into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I had gotten about an hour of sleep at that point and I was making this ridiculous pouty face. I realised that Leo makes the same one, so maybe he got my mouth as well as my chin.

I wanted to throw in some pictures to show just how little my boy is. It's hard to tell from the pictures, even though you can see he's skinny. So the first one is him in the car seat. When we first got this I thought, "Man, that's a little car seat. I hope we can use it until he's old enough to sit in an upright one." I don't think it will be a problem.


This one is from last night.

We decided to take Leo on a walk and I wanted his legs to be covered. (Up until then he'd just been wearing the little white shirt from the hospital.) We went through all of our clothes and this is the smallest pair of shorts we have. They're 0-3 month and they absolutely drowned him! This morning I went through all of our clothes to see if there was anything that would actually fit on his tiny body. Even the newborn stuff is way too big. We had to get a couple of preemie outfits so he wouldn't be naked all the time.


Here's one of Ty's mom.

She came up to help us and she's been an absolute life saver! I would seriously be losing it right about now if she weren't here. She's been keeping Leo during the night so I can get some sleep and watching him during the day so I can nap too. She's also making all of our meals and doing all the cleaning. Basically I just sit around and feed Leo when he's hungry. It's a pretty nice set up. For me at least. :)

Any how, I guess that's all for now. We really haven't been doing much. Just chillin' with our boy and hanging out with each other. It's a good life.

6 comments:

Marie said...

How exciting! Leo is lucky to go to such a good mom (and dad, but I know you better than Ty...)
What a sweet little boy! I wish I could kiss his little head. Enjoy his car seat while it's still light. They get heavy way too fast.
I'm glad you're feeling so good, but I'm still waiting for all the juicy details Ty said you would fill us in on.
Congratulations!
Marie

♥Tami said...

He is too cute and tiny! I need to know what the sticker is for on his chest! It's nice to have help! I missed mom a lot for that reason this time around! Keep the updates coming they change so much!

angiedunn said...

i ♥ burrito-baby. he's amazing you guys. can you email him over for a half an hour...or perhaps a day or two. i need a baby fix. thanks in advance.

i'm so glad you are feeling good & recovering fast, friend.

can't wait to hear all about everything. thanks for the update.

ps: tell anja to get a blog.

Cheryl said...

he's a cutie! good job guys!

Janie said...

What?!?!? No gruesome details?!?!?!? Do I have to resort to using the telelphone to get the info I need these days? Beautiful baby. Leo's present isn't even in the mail yet, that's ok, he won't need it till he's older anyway.

RPH said...

kris! these little pictures are so cute. they remind me of my tiny guys when they were babies. our last baby weighed less than 5 pounds...so small!
my oldest weighed about the same as your leo at birth. we dressed him in preemie clothes for the first month or so. i wish we lived closer, you could borrow them. love all the updates. glad you are doing well. congratulations! he is a cutie!!