Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun Stuff

Today was squash experimentation day. Our little squash plants are growing like crazy and I decided I needed to find a way for us to eat all that squash so it wouldn't get wasted. So I looked through all of my recipe books and most of what I found involved cutting it up, cooking it and eating it as a side dish. Wow! Really? I can cook squash and use it as the vegetable portion of my meal? Who would have thought? Any how, it turns out that all the good recipes call for zucchini. I decided to see if the two were interchangeable and it turns out that they are. Hooray! So I ended up making zucchini (squash) bread and zucchini (squash) "apple" pie (two different books said it tastes like real apple pie. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells good.) If you enlarge the photo you can see how terrible my crust looks. Generally I just buy pre-made and I guess I should stick with that. Pie crust is apparently not my forte. Oh, and the bread is absolutely delicious in case you were wondering.

No comments: