Monday, July 7, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Kristen

Generally I hate Helen Keller (it's a long and uninteresting story) , but I found a quote of hers that I really like. She said, "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker." I have never had a great desire to change the world. I'm one of those people who cries over the suffering of others in the world but never thinks, "How can I change this?" (Isn't that horrible? Kind of a, "Sucks to be you" response.) Any how, I have always wanted to be able to make some difference in my tiny little sphere of influence. I hope that at some point in time someone or something will be better because of me. Even if no one ever knows it.

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

I love you.

I knew I'd love this post, when it started off: "Generally I hate Helen Keller"...hahahahaha!

On a more serious & cheezy note: I am better person because of you...there's no question!

Oh Leo, can't wait to meet ya!

Spring said...

That was a good quote Kristen. I'm going to safe that one. I think that the "someone" that will be better because of you will be your children and husband. In their lives your influence isn't tiny but monumental. You have a good mother and I know you'll be like her.

Kaytie Brown said...

Um... I'm better cause of you. (no seriously).
Can't wait for your sweet babe!!!

melissa said...

I know you have already done amazing things in your life that have influenced the lives of others for good. Your mission, getting married to Ty (you're so good for him!) and now little Leo is finally here. You're going to be the best mom. I can't wait till I get home and see you, Ty and the baby!

Tony and Amanda French said...

Kristen... There are many people who have been influenced by you and are better because of it. Think of all the people you touched, Including me, on the mission. You are such a wonderful person. Love ya tons