Friday, March 5, 2010

Banana Bread Cookies

I made these amazing cookies that I found here. She calls them Banana, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Pecan Cookies but I think that's a bit of a mouth full. They taste like banana bread with chocolate chips so I'm going to call them Banana Bread Cookies. Any how, they're delicious. You should definitely try them.

Banana, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Pecan Cookies:
Recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
-1 very ripe banana
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup softened butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (white flour would work too.)
2 cups oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup pecans

Pre-heat oven to 350.
Combine the banana, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixed thoroughly. Mix the salt, flour and oats together. Add the oat mixture, chocolate chips and pecans and mix with a spoon until well combined. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. (I baked them for 13 minutes and they were perfect.) Let cool and eat them all in one sitting. (That's what I did any way.)

I didn't take a picture. Sorry. They look like cookies. You'll have to use your imagination.

No comments: