Friday, March 5, 2010

Rant

Things I Hate Doing While I Am 37 Weeks Pregnant
(Oh, yes I am.)

*Washing Dishes
I can't quite reach the water so my back ends up hurting and my front ends up soaking wet.
*Leaning Over The Sink to Wash My Face
This should never involve holding your breath, but I can't quite get over the sink if I'm breathing.
*Picking up Toys
It should never be easier to get on the ground and crawl from toy to toy than to just bend over and pick them up.
*Answering the "How Are You Feeling?" Question
Seriously? I feel like crap. I'm twice as big as I should be. I can't move. I can't sleep. Everything hurts and there's a person inside of of me who's favorite past time is seeing how far he can straighten out his body without actually ripping a hole in mine. Is that what you want to hear? Nope. So you get a, "Feeling pretty good."
*Waiting
How come the closer you get to your due date the farther away it seems? 8 months? No problem. 3 months? It's so soon! I'm not sure I'm ready. 2 weeks? Kill me, kill me, kill me!!!
*Going to Church
How horrible is that? It's just so hot and the chairs are so uncomfortable. By the end of the three hours I just want someone to put me out of my misery.
*Sitting in General
How come no one has chairs that are comfortable for people with unbelievably huge bellies? I mean, is that too much to ask? I think not.
*Rolling Over in Bed at Night
Nothing that happens in the middle of the night should be so hard and take so much time and effort. Nothing.
* Taking Leo Anywhere
If Ty is there the kid will do everything on his own. Go down stairs, go upstairs, climb into and out of his car seat. . . He'll even help Ty to buckle the seat up. If it's just me? He suddenly forgets how to move any of his limbs and needs to be carried everywhere.
An added bonus to this inconvenience? When I carry him he ends up sitting right on top of my enormous belly. Maybe he'll push Jay Alvin out a few days early.

3 comments:

Spring said...

Bending over at all is awful at that stage. I remember when pregnant with George in June I would melt every sacrament meeting. I would come early and try to sit on a certain row that the air conditioner blew the strongest. :)

Lindsey said...

You are so so so funny! I totally remember that ridiculously pregnant feeling - and I feel for ya! Good luck these last few weeks - before you know it, he'll be here. Right? haha.

RPH said...

AMEN!

He will be here soon enough and I cant wait to see pictures of him!